Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mozilla fooling around with Linux, shock!

I suspected for a long time that some high ranking members of the Mozarella Foundation are not really linux believers but rather linux-skeptics.

But to say "Mozilla is linux skeptic" is far better than saying "Mozilla is fooling around with Linux". So I get up in the middle of the night, head to my small home office and what do I see?

Mozilla fooling around with Linux!.

Poor tux never said a word after that... And about Mozilla... *f*ck* ... I'll never be able to look at the green cute stuffed-plush beast from Mountain View with the same innocent eyes...

2 comments:

Samir Chopra said...

A slightly surreal post - I like it! And thanks for that link to the cuss-word count in Mozilla. Please check out my blog on free software too:

http://decodingliberation.blogspot.com

You'll find a link a couple of posts down the page to a video conference on open source that we had last month. Would love to hear what you think.

Cheers,
Samir

Nerd Progre said...

Hi Samir,

Nice blog you have there. I wish I had enough time to do as much blogging as I´d like to...

I see you have discovered Ubuntu and you like it. Well, I played with Ubuntu for a while, but then when I decided to test 5.10 for AMD64 I realized that a lot of sofware is not available in 64bit flavour (starting with OpenOffice).

So... when I attempted to install 5.10 in 32-bit version Ubuntu refused to load after reboot, with GRUB displaying a message like "can´t find /dev/hdc !!" and hanging.

I got really annoyed and kissed Ubuntu goodbye.

A really nice, even better distro than Ubuntu, if you ask me, is BLAG. It´s made in the UK, it´s very similar to Ubuntu (also based on Gnome) but with Red Hat Fedora Core 3 (FC3) as its foundation instead of Debian.

I really like it.

Check it out when you have the time http://www.blagblagblag.org

More importantly, the users forum at the Blag site are really great and I always received answers to my questions in a matter of hours, not days.